What is a LinkedIn Campaign Manager account?
A LinkedIn Campaign Manager account is an account that lets you easily manage multiple LinkedIn Ads accounts from a single location.
For each client you manage advertising for on LinkedIn, you will be required by LinkedIn to create a unique ad account. Therefore, a LinkedIn Campaign Manager account is extremely helpful if you manage multiple advertising accounts for your company or on behalf of advertising clients.
What are the benefits of utilizing a LinkedIn Campaign Manager account?
A LinkedIn Campaign Manager account allows you to:
- Create separate ad accounts for every client you serve.
- Assign specific permissions/role-based access to different ad accounts, Pages, and other assets.
- Receive business-level insights and reporting.
Do I have to link accounts in a LinkedIn Campaign Manager account? Can I link individual ads accounts?
You can connect either a LinkedIn Campaign Manager account or individual LinkedIn Ads account to Shape. Shape recommends that you use a Campaign Manager because it requires linking and maintaining fewer data sources (than if you link each LinkedIn Ads account individually).
Linking a Campaign Manager account also ensures that when a new LinkedIn Ads account is added for a Client that it will be automatically synced and available to you in Shape. Comparatively, if you link each LinkedIn Ads account individually, you'll need to remember to sync the new account with Shape before you can access it.
How do I link my LinkedIn Campaign Manager account or LinkedIn accounts to Shape?
1. Log in to your LinkedIn Campaign Manager account or LinkedIn Ads account in LinkedIn.
2. Login to Shape and navigate to the Data Sources screen.
3. Select "Sync New Data Source" at the top of the page.
4. Click the LinkedIn Ads icon on the following screen.
5. Accept the access requests that appear to integrate the Data Source.
6. Your Data Source is successfully linked when you see your email and the current date in the sync date column.
Note: If you receive a notification that you data source did not link properly, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com.
I linked my LinkedIn Campaign Manager account to Shape but I do not see a few of my accounts. Why?
- I just linked my LinkedIn Campaign Manager account: Depending on the number of accounts housed in your LinkedIn Campaign Manager account, it may take several minutes to pull in all of the accounts and campaigns associated with your account. If you don't see all your accounts/campaigns at first, refresh Shape after a few minutes.
- Other: Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you're still not seeing all of your advertising accounts/clients pull through into Shape.