What is a Microsoft Advertising (fka Bing Ads) Agency Account?
A Microsoft Advertising (fka Bing Ads) Agency Account is an account that lets you easily manage multiple Microsoft Advertising ad accounts from a single location.
A Microsoft Advertising (fka Bing Ads) Account is helpful if you manage multiple advertising accounts for your company or for advertising clients.
What are the benefits of utilizing a Microsoft Advertising (fka Bing Ads) Agency Account?
A Microsoft Advertising (fka Bing Ads) Account allows you to:
- Access and easily navigate across multiple Microsoft Advertising Ads accounts.
- Login, view, and edit all your managed advertising accounts with a single login (instead of having to create a new email per account).
- Compare performance across all accounts.
- Run reports for multiple accounts at once.
- Use consolidated billing to get one monthly invoice for all of your managed accounts.
- Quickly create or link Microsoft Advertising Ads accounts from within your Ads Agency account.
Do I have to link accounts in a Microsoft Advertising Agency Account? Can I link individual accounts?
You can connect either a Microsoft Advertising Agency Account or individual Microsoft Advertising accounts to Shape. Shape recommends that you use a single Agency Account because it requires linking and maintaining fewer data sources (than if you link each Microsoft Advertising account individually).
Linking an Agency Account will also ensure that when a new Client account is added to Microsoft Advertising it will be automatically synced and available to you in Shape. Comparatively, if you link each Microsoft Advertising account individually, you'll have to remember to add the new account as a Data Source in Shape before you can access it.
How do I link my Microsoft Advertising Agency Account or Microsoft Advertising Accounts to Shape?
1. Login to your Microsoft Advertising Agency Account or Microsoft Advertising Account.
2. Login to Shape and navigate to the Data Sources screen.
3. Select "Sync New Data Source" at the top of the page.
4. Click the Microsoft Advertising icon on the following screen.
5. Accept the access requests that appear to integrate the Data Source.
6. Your Data Source is successfully linked when you see your email and the current date in the sync date column.
Note: If you receive a notification that you data source did not link properly, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com.
I linked my Microsoft Advertising Account to Shape but I do not see a few of my accounts. Why?
- I just linked my Microsoft Advertising Agency Account: Depending on the number of accounts housed in your Microsoft Advertising Agency Account, it may take several minutes to pull in all of the accounts and campaigns associated with your account. If you don't see all your accounts/campaigns at first, refresh Shape after a few minutes.
- Other: Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you're still not seeing all of your advertising accounts/clients pull through into Shape.