Integrating with Google Data Studio
Once your Shape Data Warehouse is spun up, you'll be able to access Google BigQuery directly. To learn how to access BigQuery from the Shape platform, learn more at How to Connect Shape's ADI to Data Studio.
1. To access BigQuery navigate to https://console.cloud.google.com/bigquery
2. If you've never used BigQuery or the Google Cloud Platform before, follow the steps on the Google Cloud Platform welcome screen.
3. Using the "Select a Project" dropdown at the top of the screen, click the project name "shape-warehouse-####". Click "Open."
4. You'll be taken to your Shape Data Warehouse. In the left-hand column, you can click "all_data" and "compiled_views" under the resources sections to access your tables and views.
5. You can write a specific query in the Query Editor field or click "Query Table" to return all fields available in a given table or view.
5.5. If you select "Query Table", a query will automatically populate. Enter * following the word SELECT will return all fields. Or, entering a specific field name (ex: code_campaign) will limit the results to include only data from that field.
6. Once your Query has finished running, you'll have the option to "Save Results" or "Explore with Data Studio." Select "Explore with Data Studio."
7. If you've never used Google Data Studio before, follow the steps to "Get Started" in Data Studio and authorize it to access your Google BigQuery data.
8. Your data is now available in Google Data Studio Explorer. Explorer allows you to edit, view, and visualize your data faster. You can change graph/chart styles, add fields, and much more.
9. To export your table, chart or graph to a Data Studio report, click the "Save" button then "Share." Create a New Report or Copy to an Existing Report.
10. To learn more about what you can do with Google Data Studio Reports, check out our Google Data Studio Template help section.
Connecting BigQuery to Data Studio - Video
Please expand video to fullscreen for optimal viewing experience.