"Data Sources" enable Shape to pull advertising campaign data into the platform on an ongoing basis and to push changes to campaigns as directed.
Why Would I Need to Switch A Data Source?
To track campaign spend in Shape, you must first link Data Sources and then create Budgets to track campaigns associated with those Data Sources.
A data source typically is a user's or company's email which has admin access to an advertising platform they utilize to manage PPC campaigns in.
Eventually, a Data Source linked to Shape may become inaccessible or unusable. Two examples of this include:
- When a company moves from having individual employee's emails as data sources to one "master" level email.
- When an employee leaves an organization. Their company email is removed from all ad platforms and access to Shape is terminated.
In this case, for Shape to continue to refresh campaign performance data and push changes, the Data Source will need to be switched.
How do I Switch a Data Source?
1. First, make sure that the new Data Source campaigns will pull from is synced in Shape.
2. Navigate to the Data Sources page. This is necessary to identify all campaigns in budgets that are linked to the old Data Source you wish to remove.
3. Click the tab of the ad platform where you want to remove a Data Source.
4. Find the email/data source you wish to remove and click the red "Remove" button under the actions tab.
5. If you have any campaigns in an active budget linked to the Data Source, you will see a list of these campaigns. These are the campaigns that will need to be switched to pull from a different data source.
- NOTE: the report shows approximately 10 campaigns initially but you may need to scroll to additional campaigns.
6. If you no longer need to actively track any of the campaigns listed, click the "Remove Campaign" button. After removing all the campaigns, you'll have the option to full delete the data source.
7. If you do need to actively track the campaigns listed, follow the next steps:
- If there are less than 10 campaigns listed to transfer, we recommend taking a screenshot of the page for reference.
- If there are more than 10 campaigns listed to transfer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a spreadsheet report.
8. Click into a Client and Budget listed on the report. On the Budget View, click the "Add & Remove Campaigns" button.
9. Navigate to the "Campaigns in Budget" column on the "Add & Remove Campaigns" screen.
10. Click each campaign that needs to be transfered to "Remove" it from the Budget.
11. Click "Submit Changes."
12. Click the "Add & Remove Campaigns" button again.
13. On the left-side of the screen, select the new Data Source and then account you wish to add campaigns from.
14. Add the campaigns back into the Budget and click "Submit Changes."
15. Repeat for all the Clients/Budgets/Campaigns associated with the "old" Data Source.
16. Once all campaigns have been transfered, navigate back to the Data Sources page and click on "Remove" to delete the old data source.
17. An option will appear indicating you can delete the data source automatically (since there are no longer active campaigns associated with it). Click "Remove Access."
Can Shape automatically switch a Data Source for me?
There are some cases where Shape can complete a programatic Data Source transfer for our customers. Each situation is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
To determine if your company is eligible, please send email@example.com an email indicating the following information.
Issue: Data Source Transfer
Ad Platform: List the ad platform where the Data Source is synced.
Old Data Source: Note the email or Data Source name (found on the Data Sources page) to be removed.
New Data Source: Note the email or Data Source name campaigns should be updated to pull data from.
- Data Sources Help Section
- Data Sources page (Platform)
- Budget View