Creating Custom Values
To add Custom Values to Clients of Budgets, you must first create the types/formats of Custom Values you want to add.
After you create a Custom Value you will need to enter data into static Custom Value fields. Information on applying Custom Values can be found here.
NOTE: Dynamic Custom Values will be automatically calculated for you.
How to Create Custom Values
1. On the main dashboard, find the left-hand navigation bar and click "Custom Values."
2. Click "Create Custom Value."
3. Set a name for your Custom Value Properties.
4. Select whether the Custom Value is assigned to a Client or Budget.
5. Select how you would like your Custom Value data to be formatted.
- Number (123): Displays numeric data
- Text: Displays alphanumeric data including symbols
- Percent (%): Displays numeric data in percent format
- Money ($, £, ¥): Displays numeric data in a monetary format
6. Choose which type of Custom Value you want to use.
- Static: data points that a Shape team member applies manually
- Dynamic: calculated data points based on an equation a Shape member creates
7. Click "Create."