Activating Your Shape Data Warehouse
1. Navigate to the Shape ADI page. If your warehouse has not been enabled yet, you'll see a button saying "Enable Warehouse."
2. You'll be directed to the Data Warehouse page which includes two tabs for Views and Tables. Tables are sets of data, including metrics and dimensions, that power different Views. Learn more about the difference between Tables and Views here.
3. Campaign-level Views are available for free for anyone using Shape. This allows you to create campaign-level reports and tools for data across Google (incl. Youtube), Microsoft Ads, Facebook (incl. Instagram), LinkedIn, and Twitter for free.
4. To enable, click the checkbox next to a View name. An "Edit" (pencil) button will appear. Click this button.
5. Set the status to Enable.
6. Repeat for all desired Views.
7. Enabling data views below the campaign-level, will require a fee. Learn more about Free vs. Paid Views here.
IMPORTANT: Some views require one or more data tables in order to display the information. In the far right column, the tables that are required for a particular view are listed.
Changing Data Refresh Frequency and Date Range
Most tables will allow you to update the frequency with which you want data in that table updated.
You'll also be able to set the number of days you would like the data backfilled for.
1. To edit the settings, navigate to the Table tab.
2. Click the checkbox next to a Table, and then click the Edit (pencil) icon.
3. Click the "Jobs" tab. One default job will be set to run.
4. Edit the Frequency (in hours) which you want the data to be refreshed.
5. Edit the Collection Range (in days) which you want data to be backfilled for.
6. To add additional "Jobs" to refresh data, click "Add Job +" and set new requirements.
Example: You need to update your customers weekly with their campaign results but also pull a quarterly report at the end of 3 months. To do so create two jobs for the campaign table:
- 1st Job: Set a Frequency of 24 hours and a Collection Range of 7 days
- 2nd Job: Set a Frequency of 24 hours and a Collection Range of 90 days
Manually Refreshing Data
You may need to manually refresh data in a table or view to update it ahead of your schedule job. To do so:
1. Select a checkbox next to a table or view. Click the edit (pencil) icon.
2. Click the "Manual Refresh" circular arrow button. That table or view will be placed at the top of the queue for a manual data refresh.