Account-Level Spend Report
The Account-Level Spend report provides your company with an internal report that shows your clients' spends by ad network and ad channel for a chosen time period.
This report can be used to quickly roll-up spend across ad networks/channels for all of your clients. However, there are also additional tabs that provide: Total spend by ad platform and channel spend breakdowns for each ad network.
This report will default to showing all accounts you have associated with datasources linked to Shape. This report is designed to remain internal. However, if you should wish to provide this to individual clients, you'll need to filter by your client's ad account names (as displayed in the ad platforms). To learn more, please see the "Filtering by Account" section below.
Creating a New Account-Level Spend Overview
NOTE: If you have not used BigQuery or Data Studio before, you will need to grant access to these tools when creating your first report.
3. Choose Account-Level Spend Overview - [Template].
5. Select Preview Template. Grant Data Studio permissions as needed.
6. Make a copy of the report using the copy button in the upper right-hand corner.
7. When asked to select a New Data Source, click the "Select a datasource" field.
8. Click "Create New Data Source" link. **If you've already linked BigQuery to Data Studio, choose the "_daily_campaigns" view from the drop-down and move to step 11.
9. Select "BigQuery." Grant BigQuery permissions as needed.
10. From the "My Projects" list, select "shape-warehouse-####"
11. Select the "compiled_views" dataset and the "_daily_campaigns" table.
12. Click "Connect" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
13. On the following screen, click "Add to Report" in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen.
14. Ensure _daily_campaigns is listed as the "New Data Source." Click "Copy Report."
Video Walkthrough - New Account-Level Spend Overview
Please expand to full screen for the best viewing experience.
Filtering by Account
If you want to share this report with an individual client, be sure to apply an Account name filter using the directions below.
To filter this report to show data for just one client, follow the steps below.
1. After you've made a copy of this report, click File-->Report Settings.
2. On the menu that appears, select "+ Add a Filter"
3. Name your filter as desired. We suggest using the client's name in the filter at a minimum to differentiate it.
- Include/Exclude: "Include"
- Select a Field: "name_account"
- Select a Condition: Select the appropriate condition (typically "Equal to (=)" or "Contains")
- Example: value: Enter account name
5. Save. Confirm data has been filtered properly.
6. Replace/remove branding as desired on the report, and click "+Share" -> "Invite People" to share with your clients.
Video Walkthrough - Filtering by Account
Please expand to fullscreen for best viewing experience.
Please see the “Troubleshooting Shape Data Studio Templates” article for additional help.