Bulk Management enables Shape users to make changes to Budget Amounts en masse. With a few clicks, Shape users can export their existing budgets, make changes to Budget Amounts, and apply those budget changes to hundreds of clients at once.
IMPORTANT WARNING: You can have large, wide-scale impacts on your Shape clients and budgets with a single upload. Make sure you confirm all the changes you want to make are accurate before uploading.
Who can make Bulk Uploads?
Currently, only Admins and Managers of Shape accounts are allowed to make bulk uploads.
Can I schedule Bulk Uploads?
No, if you want to make a bulk upload, it must be done on the date that you would like the Budget Amounts to change. They cannot be scheduled ahead of time in bulk.
Example 1: If the majority of your budgets are monthly, recurring budgets that start on the 1st of the month, you will complete your bulk upload as early as possible on the 1st.
Example 2: If 50% of your budgets start on the 1st, 25% start on the 10th, and 25% start on the 15, then you'll complete three bulk uploads.
- Upload 1: On the 1st of the month (50% of the budgets)
- Upload 2: On the 10th of the month (25% of the budgets)
- Upload 3: On the 15th of the month (remaining 25% of the budgets)
Do I have to include all Budgets even if I'm just Changing a Portion?
No! You can delete the rows for any clients/budgets that you do not wish to change and only make changes to subsets of clients or budgets.
How to Complete a Bulk Upload
- Navigate to the Bulk Management tab from the Dashboard
- On the Bulk Management page, click "Export Budgets" to download all active budgets being tracked in Shape.
- Select "Advanced Settings" to see what columns will be exported and to add "Optional Columns."
- "Optional Columns" are Custom Values that you have set up for your budgets. They may be used in the export/upload process as extra qualifiers that must match for a change to be made to a Budget Amount.
- For example, You can create a CRM_ID Custom Value that matches your CRM system. When you make a bulk upload, Shape will match the name_budget, id_budget, name_client, and id_client to what's in Shape. It will also make sure the CRM_ID matches before it makes a change to your Budget Amount.
- Your download may look something like the image below. If you do not want to make changes to certain budgets, simply delete the rows of those budgets.
- To make bulk changes, you are required to have the following fields:
- The following fields are optional:
- name_budget and name_client (optional but highly recommended)
- "Optional Columns"
- rollover_active = the boolean (0 for off and 1 for on) that indicates if the budget is actively using this automation feature
- rollover = the actual numerical value of the budget's rollover
- The budget must have the rollover automation feature ON (1). If it is not on and the user attempts to modify the rollover value the user will receive an error on csv upload indicating this error and the row number it occurred on.
- Start_date - MM/DD/YYYY
- End_date - MM/DD/YYYY
- These columns are purely for filtering purposes. These can be removed prior to your upload or left as is.
- Drag and drop your .csv file in the noted area on the Bulk Management page (or click "Choose File" to manually locate it).
- Once you upload your .csv, under the "Submit Changes" section, Shape will show you a screen with the Budget, Budget Attribute that is Changing, Old Value, and New Value. Click "Submit Changes."
- IMPORTANT: Make sure you are uploading and submitting changes on the day you want the budgets to change (ex: on the 1st of the month for budgets monthly, recurring budgets with a start date of the 1st).
- If successful, the "Status" column will show a green check mark.