Learn how to link your Facebook Business Manager account to Shape as a data source.
What is a Facebook Business Manager account?
A Facebook Business Manager account is an account that lets you easily manage multiple Facebook ads accounts and/or multiple Facebook Pages from a single location.
For each client you manage advertising for on Facebook, you will be required by Facebook to create a unique ad account. Therefore, a Facebook Business Manager account is extremely helpful if you manage multiple advertising accounts for your company or on behalf of advertising clients.
What are the benefits of utilizing a Facebook Business Manager account?
A Facebook Business Manager account allows you to:
- Create separate ad accounts for every client you serve.
- Pay advertising costs for each ad account separately or combine all costs together under one invoice.
- Manage Facebook Pages for multiple clients.
- Assign specific permissions/role-based access to different ad accounts, Pages, and other assets.
- Receive business-level insights and reporting.
Do I have to link accounts in a Facebook Business Manager account? Can I link individual ads accounts?
You can connect a Facebook Business Manager account or individual Facebook Ads account to Shape. Shape recommends that you use a Business Manager because it requires linking and maintaining fewer data sources (than if you link each Facebook Ads account individually).
Linking a Business Manager account also ensures that when a new Facebook Ads account is added for a Client that it will be automatically synced and available to you in Shape. Comparatively, if you link each Facebook Ads account individually, you'll need to remember to sync the new account with Shape before accessing it.
How do I link my Facebook Business Manager or Facebook Ads accounts to Shape?
1. Log in to your Facebook Business Manager account or Facebook Ads account on Facebook
2. Log in to Shape and navigate to the Data Sources screen.
3. Select "Sync New Data Source" at the top of the page.
4. Click the Facebook Ads icon on the following screen.
5. Accept the access requests that appear to integrate the Data Source.
6. Your Data Source is successfully linked when you see your email and the current date in the sync date column.
Note: If you receive a notification that your data source did not link properly, please get in touch with our support team at email@example.com.
I linked my Facebook Business Manager account to Shape, but I do not see some of my accounts. Why?
- I just linked my Facebook Business Manager account: Depending on the number of accounts housed in your Facebook Business Manager account, it may take several minutes to pull in all of the accounts and campaigns associated with your account. If you don't see all your accounts/campaigns at first, refresh Shape after a few minutes.
- Other: Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you're still not seeing all of your advertising accounts/clients pull through into Shape.