Integrating with Google Data Studio/Looker studio
Once your Shape Data Warehouse is spun up, you can access Google BigQuery directly. Learn how to access BigQuery from the Shape platform at How to Connect Shape's ADI to Data Studio/Looker Studio.
1. To access BigQuery, navigate to https://console.cloud.google.com/bigquery
2. If you've never used BigQuery or the Google Cloud Platform before, follow the steps on the Google Cloud Platform welcome screen.
3. Using the "Select a Project" dropdown at the top of the screen, click the project name "shape-warehouse-####." Click "Open."
4. You'll be taken to your Shape Data Warehouse. In the left-hand column, you can click "all_data" and "compiled_views" under the resources sections to access your tables and views.
5. You can write a specific query in the Query Editor field or click "Query Table" to return all fields available in a given table or view.
5.5. If you select "Query Table," a query will automatically populate. Enter * following the word SELECT will return all fields. Or, entering a specific field name (ex: code_campaign) will limit the results to include only data from that field.
6. Once your Query has finished running, you'll have the option to "Save Results" or "Explore with Looker Studio." Select "Explore with Looker Studio."
7. If you've never used Google Data Studio/Looker before, follow the steps to "Get Started" in Data Studio/Looker and authorize it to access your Google BigQuery data.
8. Your data is now available in Google Looker Studio Explorer. Explorer allows you to edit, view, and visualize your data faster. You can change graph/chart styles, add fields, and more.
9. To export your table, chart, or graph to a report, click the "Save" button and then "Share." Create a New Report or Copy to an Existing Report.
Connecting BigQuery to Data Studio/Looker Studio - Video
Please expand the video to full screen for an optimal viewing experience.
Article is closed for comments.