"Data Sources" enable Shape to pull advertising campaign data into the platform on an ongoing basis and to push changes to campaigns as directed.
Why Would I Need to Switch A Data Source?
To track campaign spend in Shape, you must first link Data Sources and then create Budgets to track campaigns associated with those Data Sources.
A data source typically is a user's or company's email, which has admin access to an advertising platform they utilize to manage PPC campaigns.
Eventually, a Data Source linked to Shape may become inaccessible or unusable. Two examples of this include:
- When a company moves from having individual employees' emails as data sources to one "company-level" data source.
- When an employee leaves an organization. Their company email is removed from all ad platforms, and access to Shape is terminated.
In this case, for Shape to continue to refresh campaign performance data and push changes, the Data Source will need to be switched.
How do I Switch a Data Source?
1. First, ensure that the new Data Source that campaigns will pull from is synced in Shape.
2. Navigate to the Data Sources page. This is necessary to identify all campaigns in budgets that are linked to the old Data Source you wish to remove.
3. Click the checkbox next to the name of the data source with the campaigns you wish to remove. Then click the pencil icon near the bottom of the screen.
5. If you have any campaigns in an active budget linked to the Data Source, you will see a list of these campaigns. These campaigns need to be switched to pull from a different data source.
Click the checkbox next to their names and select "Remove # Campaigns."
If you no longer need to actively track any of the campaigns listed:
6. Bulk-select all campaigns and click the "Remove # Campaigns" button. After removing all the campaigns, you'll have the option to delete the data source fully.
7. Click "Save Settings."
If you do need to continue tracking the campaigns listed:
8. Click on a Client and Budget that need to be transferred to use a new data source.
9. Click the "Add & Remove Campaigns" button on the Budget View.
10. Navigate to the "Campaigns in Budget" column on the "Add & Remove Campaigns" screen.
11. Click each campaign that needs to be transferred to "Remove" it from the Budget. This will remove it from being associated with the "old" data source.
12. Click "Submit Changes."
13. Click the "Add & Remove Campaigns" button again.
14. On the left side of the screen, select the new Data Source and then the account you wish to add campaigns from.
15. Add the campaigns back into the Budget and click "Submit Changes."
IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU COPY OVER ANY AUTOMATION SETTINGS YOU HAD ON YOUR OLD CAMPAIGNS TO YOUR NEW CAMPAIGNS.
16. Repeat for all the Clients/Budgets/Campaigns associated with the "old" Data Source.
17. Once all campaigns have been transferred, navigate back to the Data Sources page and click on "Disconnect Access" to delete the old data source.