When creating or utilizing a report, you may receive these common Data Studio/Looker Studio errors. For explanations of common errors and how to address them, please review the information below:
Configuration Incomplete/Invalid Dimension
Error Text: “Error Text: Configuration Incomplete: Invalid Dimension, Metric, or Filter Selected.”
Probable Reason: Typically, you will receive this error if there is no data source associated with your chart/graph/table/data point or if one of your metrics/dimensions is invalid.
- Click on the chart/graph/table/data point displaying the “configuration incomplete error”
- On the edit menu (right-hand side), check to ensure that there is a Data Source listed on the “Data” tab.
- If not, add one by clicking the field and selecting the appropriate Data Source
- If this doesn’t resolve this issue, check to see if there is a red “invalid” metric or dimension on the “Data” tab.
- If yes, click the red metric or dimension and select a new metric/dimension.
Server Encountered Internal Error
Error Text: “Authentication Error: The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.”
Probable Reason: You may have lost view/edit permissions for the report you are currently working on, or another owner/editor has restricted sharing/downloading permissions.
- If you are not the owner of the report, check with the owner to determine if permissions can be re-granted.